Knowledge Retention and Management
“Knowledge is the currency of the new economy, and yet…”
Essential, strategic, expensive knowledge is walking out your door every week. Voluntary turnover is on the rise and, more critically, highly experienced baby boomers are retiring in great numbers. Look to Orion to help you:
- Document and standardize best practices
- Capture the “business wisdom” of experienced staff and convert it into shareable, sustainable knowledge
- Modernize management of your entire employee lifecycle with an emphasis on creating a collaborative, knowledge-sharing culture
- Implement a self-sustaining system of “living documents” that is widely used and easily managed
For years, corporations and government agencies have relied upon expensive IT systems to maintain knowledge repositories. These electronic libraries are useful but they are not “knowledge management” and they do not promote a culture of knowledge sharing.
Orion can help your organization build a living system that is used every day to assure effective operations, capture business wisdom and share learning throughout the organization. The skeleton for this system will be your organization’s process maps. These documents describe how work is really done by your staff and they provide a common language for comparing ideas, sharing experiences and standardizing improvements.
Orion’s services include:
At Orion’s Retaining and Managing Critical Knowledge seminar, you will learn how to:
- Identify jobs/departments most at risk for loss of critical knowledge or ineffective knowledge transfer
- Quantify your company’s turnover and retirement risk
- Leverage a process-oriented approach to share and retain knowledge
- Capture and communicate wisdom, not just tasks
- Generate stakeholder support for structured knowledge sharing
- Start small and generate resources/commitment for expansion
- Establish a model that’s easily duplicated and accelerates learning/productivity
This course is available as a one-day seminar at Michigan State University and can also be delivered at your location as a more-intensive, multi-day customized workshop for a group of your management leaders and knowledge management professionals. For more information, email Margaret Powers.
Orion is a Registered Training Provider with the Association of Business Process Professionals. Our seminars provide professional development credit necessary to retain status as a Certified Business Process Professional (CBPP).
To get a feel for Promapp’s capabilities and ease of use, check out these videos:
Overview: BPM in the Cloud
Fill out the form below to request a free demonstration or 30-day trial.
Turn knowledge into a sustainable asset that transforms both corporate culture and business performance. Call Margaret Powers today at (800) 510-2117 or submit a question below.